Do you have a candle lighter? If so, how do you use it? The most common mistake people make is to light the wick with a match. But this can cause the wax to bubble and drip out of the bottom of your jar! It's much safer and easier to use a candle lighter. If you're looking for a safe, reliable, and stylish way to light your candles, be sure to check out the latest selection of candle lighters. You won't be disappointed!
This post will show you step-by-step instructions on how to use your new candle lighter properly. You'll also learn some cool tricks that will help keep your candles lit all day long!
Related: Plasma Lighters Buying Guide
Why Use a Candle Lighter instead of a Match?
Candles are a beautiful way to add ambiance, mood, and style to any event. While candles can still be used with matches, they're easier to light if you use an appropriate candle lighter. Here are five reasons why:
1) It's Safer
Many people choose not to use candles that are lit on their own because it is difficult for them to stay lit. However, the benefits of having this type of lighting far outweigh the risks when an appropriate candle lighter is used.
2) Easier Access
Candle lighters are usually small enough in size so that they can fit right into your pocket or can be attached easily onto your keychain, where they're always easily accessible when you need them.
3) They're Durable
Candle lighters are often made with solid materials that can withstand a lot of wear and tear. This means they'll last much longer than a traditional match.
4) More Even Lighting
When you use a candle lighter to light your candles, the flame is typically more even and consistent than if you were to use a traditional match. This means your candles will burn more evenly and for a more extended period.
5) No More Ashes
One of the best things about using a candle lighter is that there are no more ashes left behind after you've finished lighting your candles! This makes for easy cleanup and eliminates any messes that might occur.
Related: Best EDC Lighters: Top 10 Reviews, Comparisons and Buying Guide
When Should You Light Candles In Your Home?
Candles can provide mood-lifting benefits and provide a way to add ambiance and elegance to your home.
However, there's no hard and fast rule about when you should light candles in your home. It comes down to the mood you want the candles to create. For example, if you're hosting a fun dinner party with friends, it might be a good idea to use low flickering candlelight.
At the same time, a romantic evening in might is better suited by using softer candlelight that burns near the end of their wicks for a crisper flame. Whereas, if there's something nice going on that you don't want to be interrupted by telephones or loud noises from outside, again, it'd be best practiced to use either chandelier lighting or no lighting in the room to make sure the candlelight is the only light source.
When the Jewish people light candles on or near an anniversary date of their loved ones' death, it is said that they are remembering and paying homage. The act serves as a gesture to honor those who have passed away and helps encourage others through prayer for strength during difficult times in life.
It's also worth mentioning that it pays to invest in a higher-end candle when you're choosing a candle. Generally, lower-end candles have less wax and wick, meaning they'll burn out faster or not produce as much of a steady flame. Higher-end candles are made with better beeswax, which is denser and has a more consistent burn. Furthermore, higher-end candles also use a better wick that tends to be thicker than their lower-quality counterparts.
Related: When Do You Light a Yahrzeit Candle [The Answer to Everything]
Quick & Easy Steps to Use a Candle Lighter
Have you ever seen how candle lighters are used but wondered if it was that easy? It is! Today, we will show you how to use a candle lighter.
Step 1: Prepare Your Supplies
Of course, you'll need a lighter and some candles. Please make sure the wicks of the candles are trimmed, so they make even contact with the flame on your lighter. If this step is skipped, the first few flames may put out quickly as more air enters through unburned wick than burned wax vaporizes.
Step 2: Light the Wick
Now that you have prepared your supplies to light up the wick of each candle, making sure to hold it away from your face. A safe distance would be around 3 inches (8cm) as the flame can be quite large.
Step 3: Keep It Lit
Hold each wick in one hand and slowly move your candle lighter toward it to keep the flame lit. As you get closer, keep moving the candle lighter back and forth across the tip of the wick until the wax starts to melt and drip down into the flame. This is how you light a candle with a lighter properly.
Step 4: Make It Last
Of course, this method will only work so long before having to relight either your candles or your lighter. If it's time for a refill on butane for your lighter, make sure you buy only high-quality lighters, so they hold up through multiple uses. Candle lighters should last longer than regular lighters due to how far away the flame is held from your face.
When the time comes for your next refill, don't forget about our handy guide - How to Refill a Candle Lighter?
Related: Best Way to Refill a Zippo Candle Lighter to Save Money and Time
Step 5: Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the most out of this lighter method: Only use pure white candles, not colored or fragranced. Always be at least an arm's length away when lighting. Hold the candle lighter steady until the wax starts dripping down onto the flame. Know how much butane your lighter can hold before needing a refill. Many candles need more than one try to light properly. If the candle is still too large after the second try, cut off the bottom/2 inch (1cm) to see if that helps. Last but certainly not least, keep your lighter clean The better the flame looks and the more steady it is, the easier it will be to light your candles correctly.
Step 6: What Is Butane?
The first thing many people ask about using a candle lighter is how much butane does this lighter hold. Butane is a flammable liquid used as fuel for cigarette lighters and other small appliances. It can be purchased in gas stations, grocery stores, convenience stores, department stores, hardware stores, and other similar outlets worldwide.
Thank you for reading how to use a candle lighter! Have you ever tried this method of lighting candles? If so, how did it go? Let us know.
If you're looking for an easy way to light candles without lighters, then this article is perfect! Read on and learn about how to light a candle without a lighter?
Here's a video showing you how to use a candle lighter:
5 Benefits of Using a Candle Lighter
Well, to answer your question, below are five benefits of using a candle lighter. They are:
- Keeps the wick's flame alive longer - The bigger the flame of the candle lighter is, the better it keeps its flames burning more equally and accurately. If you'd like to know why candles have uneven flames that lean in one direction or another, read my latest article about it. But either way, this benefit helps keep your candles evenly burning, so you get maximum usage out of them for as long as possible.
- Prevents fires - Though the chance of a candle lighter causing a fire is very slim, it still does happen on occasion. However, by using a candle lighter, you're reducing any possibility of starting an unwanted fire that could potentially harm your home or cause injuries to your family and friends. And that's always something to be thankful for!
- Adds fragrance - Did you know that using a candle lighter can add fragrances into the air while the candle melts? It adds room fragrances such as beautiful smells like coconut and pineapple, vanilla and cinnamon spice, apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate caramel delight, and much more. Yummy!
- Wards off insects - Believe it or not, the light from a candle lighter can repel some insects. So by lighting up a candle and placing it in a strategic area, you'll reduce any opportunity these insects have to bite you or your family.
- Extends burn time - As a general rule of thumb, when using a candle lighter, each melt cycle will last about three times longer than if you were to use matches. This is because the flame's intensity is so much larger than that of matchsticks. So instead of burning for 30 minutes or possibly less, your candles will get 60-90 minutes out of one fill!
Why not try using one? For safety reasons, never leave your lit candle unattended while with fire. Also, take note
Related: Butane Lighters Buying Guide
7 Tips for Using Your New Candle Lighter!
- Don't keep the lighter in water. It can be taken apart to clean, but do not immerse it in water or any liquid. Please wipe with a dry cloth regularly. Please do not put it near or on an open flame or hot surface, including your gas stove.
- Keep away from children and pets, as they may hurt themselves if they play with it. Also, never leave the candle lighter unattended when lit or plugged in.
- Always make sure that the lighter is off before placing it down. If left on accidentally, wait until the heating element cools completely before handling.
- Plug into a wall socket, switch on at the base of candle lighter
- Place candle in a candle holder, place candle on top of candle lighter
- Press the switch on the base of the candle lighter once or as many times as required to light your wick - do not leave the flame unattended, and make sure it is extinguished when you finish.
- For best use, keep out of direct sunlight and away from high temperatures. Do not store near any flammable materials such as aerosols. This product does not replace a standard match or lighter.
Related: How Does a Plasma Lighter Work?
We hope that this blog post has helped you understand how to use a candle lighter. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below, and we will be happy to answer your question!
Related: Lighter for Weed: Buying Guide
Leave a Reply