If you're looking for a spray gun to use with Plasti Dip, then this article is definitely for you! This blog post will explore the best spray guns for plasti dip on the market and what they have to offer.
It can be hard to know which spray gun is best for your needs. But we're here to help! We've gathered our favorite picks and laid out the pros and cons for each one, so you can decide which will suit you best.
What's your budget? Do you need a heavy-duty model or a lightweight option? What features are most important to you? Then, read on below to find the right solution for your project. We hope that this guide will help you find the perfect tool for your needs!
Table of Contents
- Top Picks for the Best Spray Gun for Plasti Dip
- Best Sprayer for Plasti Dip Comparison
- Spray Gun for Plasti Dip Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Spray Gun for Plasti Dip
- View 5 of the Top Rated Spray Gun for Plasti Dip Reviews
- 1. Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer Review
- 2. Fuji 2903-T70 Mini Mite 3 HVLP Spray System Review
- 3. NoCry Electric Paint Sprayer Review
- 4. Wagner Spraytech 0529031 Black MotoCoat Complete Car & Truck Paint Sprayer Review
- 5. DYC DipSprayer System (Plasti Dip Spray Gun) Review
- 10 Tips for Using a Plasti Dip Spray Gun
- Frequently Ask Questions about Spray Gun for Plasti Dip
- What Is Plasti Dip?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Plasti Dip?
- How to Spray Plasti Dip with Spray Gun?
- How Long Does Plasti Dip Take To Dry?
- What Is Plasti Dip Used For?
- Can You Spray Plasti Dip with A HVLP?
- Can you Plasti Dip over Plasti Dip?
- Can I use Plasti Dip over headlights and taillights?
- Can you spray Plasti Dip on wood?
- How Many Coats of Plasti Dip Should I Apply?
- How Long Does Plasti Dip Last?
Top Picks for the Best Spray Gun for Plasti Dip
Best for Multi-color Project | Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
Airless | Quality Results | Vacuvalve Technology | Speed Control
Best Non-Bleed Spray Gun | Fuji 2903-T70 Mini Mite 3 PLATINUM - T70 HVLP Spray System
Professional | Convenient | Versatile | Innovative | Trusted
Best Handheld | NoCry Electric Paint Sprayer
Powerful | Customizable Finish | Affordable | Adjustable
Best for Automotive | Wagner Spraytech 0529031 Black MotoCoat
PORTABLE | Low Flash-Point | Low Overspray | Fine Finish
Made for Plasti Dip | DYC DipSprayer System (Plasti Dip Spray Gun)
World's First | Advancements | Single Stage | 120 Volts
Best Sprayer for Plasti Dip Comparison
Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
Fuji 2903 T70 Mini Mite 3 PLATINUM
NoCry Electric Paint Sprayer
Wagner Spraytech 0529031 Black MotoCoat
DYC DipSprayer System (Plasti Dip Spray Gun)
Spray Gun for Plasti Dip Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Spray Gun for Plasti Dip
The spray gun for Plasti Dip you pick determines how successful the outcome of your car's paint job will be. Having a good quality gun is essential when spraying Plasti Dip as well as other paints, and here are some factors that may help you find the best one worth considering:
- Spray Pattern - The spray pattern determines how much surface area you can cover in less time. Therefore, it would always be a great idea to choose a spray gun with an adjustable nozzle tip that provides various patterns, from tiny dots to broader coverage. This way, it will be easier to control overspray, so you don't waste any Plasti Dip and produce an excellent result while taking little or no time.
- Pressure Control - Aside from the spray pattern, pressure control is also essential when choosing a good quality spray gun for Plasti Dip. With a controlled pressure level, you can ensure that different surfaces are appropriately covered and achieve that professional-looking results.
- Anti-clog Filter - A clogged filter may not allow Plasti Dip to pass through or significantly decreases output. Avoid this common problem by investing in a paint gun with an anti-clog filter that filters out any shed material while preventing clogs from occurring.
- Comfort Grip Handle - You must choose one with an ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use due to the extended time being used to paint your car. This will help prevent fatigue while preventing hand cramping or numbness, allowing you to finish the job efficiently.
- Easy To Clean - Another essential feature to look for is an easy-to-clean spray gun. You'll be using it over some time, so make sure that it can be adequately cleaned after use and won't require much maintenance work later on. A quick rinse should be enough.
- Cost-Effective - With many products available in the current market, it's not hard to find one within your price range. So choose one which offers more value than what you pay for and don't go over budget getting something expensive because chances are; you don't need all those bells and whistles anyway!
- Warranty - Any product you buy should have a warranty to cover defects from the manufacturer and ensure that it lasts longer. Check out for those products which offer extended warranties and never settle for anything less.
- Capacity of Gun - This is essential depending on whether you plan to cover larger areas with Plasti Dip. A good quality spray gun can spray up to 4 gallons per hour, making it very effective whether for home or professional use.
- Type of Paint Gun - There are two types of paint guns, namely siphon and gravity feed. Again, choose one based on how much area you cover with different coatings and your preferences and needs.
- Finish Appearance – Last but not least, you should consider the appearance of the finish. Choose a spray gun made from high-quality materials for a seamless finish, no matter what paint or coating you are using to cover it with.
Bonus Tip: Before investing in any product, check out reviews and testimonials from previous customers who have bought that particular product. This way, you can learn how reliable they are and determine if it's worth buying!
View 5 of the Top Rated Spray Gun for Plasti Dip Reviews
1. Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer Review
Graco's high-quality, durable industrial-grade products are designed to withstand all sorts of wear and tear you might put it through while painting your car or other surfaces with plasti dip spray paint, from heavy-duty projects like construction vehicles to small rust spots on an old bicycle frame!
Set up this professional quality paint gun in any position and start spraying away. The innovative design provides unmatched coverage along hard edges such as door handles, bumpers, headlights, etc. There will be no need for touchups later down the road, saving time and money spent doing repairs.
It's the best paint sprayer for plasti dip. Spray on durable finishes faster, in less time, and at a high level of precision than ever before. Live up to Graco's tradition of excellence with this easy-to-use paint sprayer that will do your job right so you can get back to doing what matters.
The dual-speed function is great because it lets you choose from two different spray patterns: slower, perfect when doing smaller detail work like painting a delicate leaf or working on miniatures, while the other can be used on bigger jobs, so they get done faster than ever!
Spray paint unthinned
Stainless Steel Piston Pumps are excellent for spraying unthinned paint because they operate at high pressure. In addition, the operating temperature range is 40 degrees to 90 degrees Fahrenheit, which means you won't need thinner if it's too cold outside. The viscosity changes with low or high temperatures don't affect performance in any way!
Spray in any direction
The Graco TrueCoat 360 DS is the ultimate in spray power. With VacuValve technology, you can now paint any angle without worrying about leaks or overspray - even upside down!
Reversible spray tip
The Reversible Spray Tip is perfect for keeping you spraying when the tip becomes clogged.
The patented reversible spray tip has a clever design that lets you flip it around to keep your paint flowing smoothly and without interruption, even if you're in an awkward position!
2. Fuji 2903-T70 Mini Mite 3 HVLP Spray System Review
The Fuji 2903-T70 Mini Mite 3 Platinum is the perfect low-pressure spray system for finishing and coating. Great for use with hardcoat automotive paints, plasti dip, or rust protection. This HVLP system features a side-mounted pattern control knob so you can quickly get a gradual build-up of paint thickness.
It will be perfect for small and personal projects, as well as professional ones. So whether you're a beginner or a pro, this machine will meet all of your needs at an unbeatable price!
The Fuji Mini Mite 3 HVLP Spray System has the durability, power, and performance to meet your painting needs. Its compact design makes it perfect for tight spaces! You will barely know this system is running with average air consumption of .5 CFM @ 90 PSI. Let the fuji mini mite take care of everything from large-scale projects to finer finishes in no time at all!
The Fuji Mini Mite 3 is the best paint gun to use for plasti dip. It has a great variety of colors, and it's easy to change from one color to another when you're painting different parts of your car.
The Fuji Mini Mite 3 is a versatile sprayer, perfect for projects on any surface. It features a lightweight and portable design with an output of 6.5 psi that can be adjusted to suit the needs of your project: whether it's waterborne or solvent-based coatings like paint or varnish!
Pattern control knob
The Fuji Mini Mite 3 spray gun is the perfect choice for any creative DIYer who needs a professional-style tool. With an adjustable side knob, you can control your fan pattern from small to large without changing guns or needing multiple tools in different sizes!
The Spray Gun has a Non-bleed feature that prevents any nasty messes from occurring while painting your home or other projects around the house. In addition, the Ergonomic Stay Cool handle ensures that you'll be able to paint with ease without burning yourself on even the hottest of days!
Heat Dissipation Box
The fuji mini mite3 features a new system of removing excess heat from its turbine housing through this "Heat Dissipation Box." In addition, this unit has also received an improved design to provide greater airflow efficiency and extend longevity due to reduced friction.
Hi-Flex 25ft Hose
The FUJI 2903-T70 Mini Mite 3 PLATINUM features a kink-proof hose that you can enjoy for years. The high flexibility of the 25 ft long hose also makes it great for small spaces like your home or office and prevents bending at joints with turbines!
3. NoCry Electric Paint Sprayer Review
The NC-PS-101DINS is a no-soaking-up spray gun for automotive finishes that are using plasti dip. By continuously spraying the surface of your vehicle, you can make sure all areas are being coated evenly in paint and avoid any missed spots.
NoCry Electric Paint Sprayer is a cheap spray gun that can be used for plasti dip painting. Compared to other paint sprayers, the NoCry electric paint sprayer might save you from an expensive mistake!
NoCry 1200ml/min Electric Paint Sprayer (NC-PS-101DINS) is a forthcoming release and sought after for its handy size and flexibility. Its 5A/600W motor power offers paint spray options in the car or painting industries that are hard to beat.
The Detachable feature lets you keep your equipment safe during each project use, providing peace of mind when on the go; assembling it takes only 5 seconds! But, that's not all: this product has multiple airflow adjustment options and will also come with a four-year warranty as standard!
NoCry electric paint sprayer is a handheld device that makes painting tasks easier for DIY enthusiasts and professional painters alike. With its lightweight, compact design, it will be your go-to partner in the workplace or on the job site!
Fully customizable finish
oCry electric paint sprayer gives people the power to create custom designs for furniture, walls, and other household items. With an adjustable airflow speed, material volume, and spraying pattern options, you will be able to achieve a unique finish in all aspects!
The 5A/600W motor of the NoCry electric paint sprayer is not only one of the most powerful on the market, but it also doesn't require you to thin any material first. This means that with this gun in your hands, you can take on a variety of tasks from painting and spraying coats up to 100DIN/sec viscosity at max flow rates 1200ml (40.57fl oz) per minute; without worry about overflow or clogs!
The 33.814fl.oz container is detachable, making the cleaning process that much faster and easier for you! In addition, it comes with a handy scrub brush to help clean all those hard-to-reach spots just in case anything gets stuck too far down inside your sprayer tank!
4. Wagner Spraytech 0529031 Black MotoCoat Complete Car & Truck Paint Sprayer Review
Now you can repair your car or truck with the ease and accuracy of Wagner Airless Sprayer 0529031. The innovative design includes a double trigger for accurate regulation of spray speed, so there's no overspray. In addition, black MotoCoat is designed to provide durability, touchup, repairs without sacrificing the original finish!
Wagner Black MotoCoat is a complete industrial paint sprayer system for painting cars, trucks, and boats. These paint systems are durable and easy to use--ideal for quick automotive repairs in body shops.
Wagner MotoCoat offers more reflectivity than most other colors, so headlights cast an accurate light on your car-giving it that distinctive look. Â Whether you're painting, scraping, or sanding away rust from old metal & plastic panels, this design will do the job seamlessly and quickly. It's made of high-grade aluminum reinforced with steel brackets to make sure it lasts for generations!
Wagner Spraytech 0529031 Black MotoCoat is the best plasti dip sprayer. It may not be as flashy or glamorous, but it will get your project done on time and under budget every time!
X-Boost turbine base
The X-Boost Turbine is a new, innovative way to paint anywhere without the need for an air compressor and cumbersome hoses. It allows painters to get their work done with more freedom in where they can go.
The X-Boost TurboTurbo provides superb atomization while still being portable enough for any outdoors painter that needs mobility from the project site to the project site or just wants greater flexibility when it comes time to tackle some indoor painting as well!
Use Wagner motocoat to achieve the best shine with your new low flashpoint paint. The product is designed for use on car exteriors, trunks of cars, truck beds, and trailers so that you can show off a shiny surface even after driving through rain or snow.
The Detail Finish Nozzle is ideal for applying a smooth, even coat to your vehicle. It also can apply thicker coats on truck beds and undercarriages using its spray nozzle!
Wagner Motocoat is so innovative; it seems like they have thought of everything. Not only does Wagner come with an adjustable spray pattern that lets you decide how much paint to use and where the direction goes, but there are also a variety of patterns available for different purposes, such as water-based paints or heavy-duty ones; in case your car needs some serious touchups!
The innovative design of the self-contained sprayer has allowed it to be one of today's most sought-after items for homeowners. The motor is spark contained, and with a 39 ft hose, you can easily move around your project without any safety worries!
5. DYC DipSprayer System (Plasti Dip Spray Gun) Review
The DYC DipSprayer System is the world's first sprayer system specifically designed to spray liquid wraps-just like a garden hose! No more squeezing bottles, no more hack-jobs with other tools! Instead, it takes all of that hard work to do and gives you beautiful-looking results with minimal effort. We're talking about 220+ sprays per minute from a sturdy steel canister that will hold up to any abuse you throw it into - mainly spraying liquid dipsprayers. So if you want an easy way to get your car covered in plasti dip or any other type of protective coating, then these are for you!
The DYC DipSprayer System is the best sprayer for plasti dip. It makes it easier to apply a thick and even your favorite color onto surfaces such as plastic, glass, chrome trim, or anodized aluminum, regardless of whether you are at home or on the go.
The Dyc DipSprayer System is the best sprayer on the market for plasti dip spraying. Users can use it for indoor and outdoor situations, so they never have to worry about whether or not their surroundings will interfere with their work.
Listed as one of America's favorite products by Forbes Magazine, it comes equipped with a three-stage filtered vacuum system explicitly designed to suction out air bubbles and minimize overspray. No other product has ever come close to matching these facts! So get your hands on this revolutionary innovation today!
As the leading sprayer for plasti dip, the DYC DipSprayer System is an absolute necessity. The system contains a higher-quality adjustable tip combined with 60% more precision than other companies. With maximum control, it can cover large surfaces quickly and easily with evenly applied uniform coverage for the best results possible.
The DYC DipSprayer System features a high-performance turbine that increases PSI and CFM by 50%. In addition, increased atomization means you can cover square footage with less material.
This plasti dip spray gun is designed to make your finished project smoother and look more professional. It has a needle specifically sized for atomizing the dip, ensuring that you get an even finish every time!
DYC Quick Connect Hose
DYC Quick Connect Hose is a versatile solution for quick painting and handyman jobs. The hose can be quickly deployed, rotated in any direction to avoid twisting or kinking, locks securely into place, so it doesn't pop out during application - even when you're working on tough angles!
10 Tips for Using a Plasti Dip Spray Gun
If you are new to using a spray gun to apply Plasti Dip, be sure to follow these 10 tips for optimum results:
- Before applying dip with the spray gun, shake well before and during use. Dips tend to separate from solvents over time, so make sure you thoroughly mix them before spraying.
- If your car has never been coated before, do not put on too much product to build up a thicker layer on your vehicle right away because this will reduce its durability and lead to peeling. Instead, wait for 3 to 5 days between coats or until the dip has completely dried before applying another layer of Plasti Dip. The average drying time is 12-24 hours, depending on the outside temperature and humidity.
- Don't spray in windy conditions because this will cause additional drying time, which almost guarantees that you will get a run. If possible, try spraying your vehicle at night when most winds subside and use a smaller fan for more accuracy and control while spraying even smaller parts like bumpers and spoilers.
- Use high-quality Plasti Dip as it contains an additive known as an inhibitor that helps make application last longer than automotive grade Dips (which do not contain inhibitor). Due to the nature of how the product is manufactured, automotive-grade Dips are thinner. Therefore, they may take a little longer to dry (this can cause peeling that is difficult or impossible to remove in some cases) thoroughly.
- When spraying your vehicle, move at a slow pace. Be careful not to overspray any surface or section. If there is an extra dip on any part you have already coated, use a clean rag and wipe it off because you should never go back over an area that has already been sprayed.
- After applying, dip for one section of your car, such as the trunk lid or bumper, and allowing it to dry before moving on to another section thoroughly. It may seem like everything dries within minutes, but even automotive-grade Dips need time to dry completely.
- Another tip for applying the dip is to begin spraying from a distance of about 2 feet away and spray in a back and forth motion, gradually moving closer until you reach the section you are coating. Starting from a distance and gradually coming closer ensures that you will achieve even coverage without any drips or runs.
- Once finished, immediately shut off the unit attached to your spray gun's air hose because it may cause mildew once exposed to humidity (this does not impact the quality of Plasti Dip).
- After 15-20 minutes, start checking each area for excess material by gently wiping it with just enough pressure using an old clean microfiber towel or rag (do not use a paper towel because it will leave lint behind). In most cases, you can tell when the dip has thoroughly dried by noticing that it has become slightly shinier.
- Once completely dry, give your finished car another light coat of Plasti Dip to even out any irregularities and avoid oxidation.
If you have applied dip before and would like to share any tips or experiences, please feel free to email me. I hope this article was helpful and as always, thank you for reading! To see what products I used during the application process and where you can purchase them, click here.
Frequently Ask Questions about Spray Gun for Plasti Dip
What Is Plasti Dip?
Plasti Dip is a peelable, rubberized coating for equipment and various home and garden items.
It's important to note that plasti dip is a one-time use product, so it's mainly used on things you don't plan on maintaining or previously made with materials that have been sanded away. From furniture to countertops, Plasti Dip can be applied as a thin layer of clear plastic which can be peeled off after use. It offers protection from anything in the air-water droplets, dust particles, or other allergens - while also acting as an excellent insulator from heat and cold sources, making for an easy change of decor.
This coat is waterproof, UV safe, and comes in gloss or matte finish. Many people use it to refinish bicycle frames, protect from rust or paint damage, fix canvas shoes, optimize skateboard decks to resist cracking when grinding them on rails, and much more! Another popular way to use plasti dip is over headlights and tail light covers to protect water spots.
Plasti-Dip is a great low-cost alternative to more expensive vehicle customization and protection products.
Plasti-Dip has become the world's most popular non-permanent auto spray paint alternative for do-it-yourself (DIY)ers, car enthusiasts, crafters, and home handypersons.
What are the Pros and Cons of Plasti Dip?
- The dip is a quick way to get a clean car without spending money on paint and getting it professionally done.
- A little goes a long way. One quart of plasti dip will do up to one car.
- You get the same quality as if you paid for it, but much less price.
- It's easy to remove mistakes or any errors that happen before applying the coating with no damage in your car's original finish since plasti dip dries clear and can be peeled off relatively easily when dry.
- It takes A LOT longer than most paints to set into place fully (usually 24 hours), which leaves you waiting around while it dries.
- The smell of Plasti dip is not very pleasant, but it will leave no damage to the interior or exterior of any car.
How to Spray Plasti Dip with Spray Gun?
Very carefully. You will find that many of the areas on your body where you want to spray are not too happy about being sprayed. Your mouth, of course, is a great example. It's unpleasant tasting and hard to remove!
Take the following steps when spraying plasti dip with a spray gun so that you can enjoy your dips for hours without any major worries:
- Prepare and follow all instructions on the label
- Create a clean work area (no spills or clutter- things will get messy!)
- Clear off anything from the workspace around the item you plan on dipping, such as items hanging on walls, windowsills, etc. Make sure everything is securely attached to the surface!
- Wipe down the item you want to dip. Do NOT skip this step! It is essential for the final look and finish of your dip project!
- Wait for the spray can/gun to come to optimal temp. DO NOT spray on hot surfaces or if can feels warm to the touch- let cool first!
- Completely cover the desired area with thin coats, 2-3 layers. Follow instructions on the label for how long in between each coat (typically 30mins - 1 hour). This will allow a nice even coating that doesn't run into lines or drip onto itself when dry.
- Let dry for 20 minutes and apply the next layer(s). Repeat until finished with all layers and ready to apply the topcoat.
- Apply your desired clear coat (if needed). Allow to dry completely before handling the item, can be anywhere from 30mins - 1 hour depending on the brand and use of rapid cure or clear coats.
- Once completely dry, handle with care! You may find that while performing a final inspection, you will notice places here and there where you missed a spot or have drips. Gently re-apply the dip in these areas if needed (usually only 2-3 more layers is all that's necessary), allowing it to dry 20mins in between each layer to avoid build-up on your item and allow for a smooth finished look. Now you're finished!
These instructions are just a guide. You can adjust the timing of each step according to your preferences and needs.
It's also a good idea to have some barrier between yourself and what you're spraying so that if something does happen, you're not exposed! Things like latex gloves, a spray booth/hood, or even being sure to do this outside will help you not get any unwanted drips or messy substances on yourself.
Once you've dipped an item using this method, you'll find it makes future dipping faster because of less clean-up and, more importantly- less re-application of plasti dip! In addition, the dip will stay cleaner looking much longer (hours!), so when doing fine touchups, they are hardly necessary, leaving your dips looking cleaner and better for much longer!
Good luck with your plasti dip projects! If you get stuck or have any questions, please feel free to ask here on the blog, Facebook or on Instagram
How Long Does Plasti Dip Take To Dry?
One of the best methods is to use a dry paint sprayer with only water as an additive; it is easier than dipping and gives you more control of the outcome. However, it usually takes around 2 hours of painting to dry when using this method correctly.
Using synthetic wax will help speed up the process but does not guarantee that you'll have no residue left over. A small amount of residue may accumulate from the dipped surfaces onto other objects due to contact and abrasion with walls or furnishings, which can easily be wiped off once dry.
Plasti Dip dries fast and will cure in about 4 hours in warm weather but could take 24-36 hours in cool climates or thicker coats.
What Is Plasti Dip Used For?
Plasti Dip is a water-based rubber coating intended for coating the outer surfaces of various automotive components to protect these parts from scratching, staining, and graffiti. It also assists with a more seamless surface should there be refinishing needed.
The product can also spray paint on many substrates, including wood, cinderblocks, metal, and plastics. People have been applying plasti dip to everything from their car bumpers to the inside of their bathtubs for years now because it's easy and affordable.
Can You Spray Plasti Dip with A HVLP?
Yes, but be very careful to spray thin, even coats and plan on using many products.
"When you are spraying Plasti Dip with a HVLP or airless paint gun it is important that you use at least an 8-inch tip size. Many painters make the mistake of using the smallest size rather than the largest size when they start out spraying Plasti Dip with their paint guns for the first time."
Can you Plasti Dip over Plasti Dip?
It depends on what the first coating was. If it was polyurethane, you could dip over it because some parts will peel off from each other due to adhesive incompatibility. If it is an elastomer, you cannot dip again because the glue won't adhere to itself, and there is no peel-ability. However, if you must dabble in that route, try using lacquer thinner and rubbing naphtha with Teflon. After letting both plastics dry for an hour or so, coat the old surface with the same products
Can I use Plasti Dip over headlights and taillights?
Yes, there are a few things to note as you go through the process.
It is advised to use a clear coat on top of the dip; it will protect and seal any mistakes that could have been made during application. Otherwise, if there are any scratches or bubbling, then those will be exposed.
Before applying the Plasti Dip, take some time to clean off and remove any dust from your headlights that may contaminate you during the installation process. One can also cover the bulb with cloth or saran wrap and thoughtfully peel it off when removing it before dipping. Dust may also cause problems with installation due to care should be taken for bulbs not dipped immediately after removal of cover instead allow time for the dust to settle first.
Can you spray Plasti Dip on wood?
Yes, but you won't get the same durability and protection that comes from coating or sealing. Spraying a protective material on wood generally makes sense only when the piece of wood will be in an area where it will receive some type of moisture exposure. I recommend priming this surface with at least one coat of PVA Wood Primer/Sealer before proceeding with spraying, if applicable. This will create a very durable final finish over time. PVA stands for Poly Vinyl Acetate, which acts as an emulsifier between the Plasti Dip's ingredients and the air mixture used to spray it out of the can.
How Many Coats of Plasti Dip Should I Apply?
Plasti dip is a flexible rubber coating that you apply in layers. It is best applied with cans like paint and will come with instructions on how many coats should be applied if the vehicle has been appropriately prepped beforehand. You can expect to have between 1-3 applications, depending on the type of car or object being plasti dipped.
You do want to read those instructions, though! Many people think it takes as few as 5 minutes to complete a coat, but that's an assumption. Many others would spend hours applying at least three coats before moving back more than once because they wanted it as perfect as they could make it.
How Long Does Plasti Dip Last?
The longevity of Plasti Dip depends mainly on the conditions under which it's applied. One coat of Plasti Dip should last two to three months, but if you live in a warm area or an area that experiences high heat and low humidity (like hot deserts), then care will need to be taken as it may peel or chip off faster. This is because the polymerization process will happen faster outside these ideal conditions, causing the paint job to not 'cure.'
For a more permanent solution for maintaining your car's look, we recommend giving it a wet sanding treatment with 1000 grit sandpaper and applying hand-painted vinyl wrap from 3M over the top. This type of application should give you 10+ years of durable performance that will not degrade from washing.
We've covered a diverse range of topics on the best spray gun for plasti dip with this blog post. We hope you found it informative and helpful! If you have any questions or need help finding the right tool to use with your project, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for reading!