For those who are looking for the best narrow crown stapler that will provide them with quality and durability, then you need to check out this post. This blog post is going to go over some of the top options on the market today so you can find one that meets your specific needs. We’ll be reviewing features like grip ergonomics, staple visibility, and how many staples it has available so you can find what works best for you!
Table of Contents
- Best Narrow Crown Stapler on the Market
- Best Narrow Crown Staplers Comparison
- View 6 Best Rated Narrow Crown Stapler Reviews
- 1. Bostitch SX1838K Narrow Crown Stapler Review
- 2. Porter Cable PCC791B Narrow Crown Stapler Review
- 3. Freeman PST9040Q Narrow Crown Stapler Review
- 4. Senco SLS20 490105N Narrow Crown Stapler Review
- 5. Makita AT638A Narrow Crown Stapler Review
- 6. Metabo HPT N3804AB3 Narrow Crown Stapler
- Things to Consider when Buying the Best Narrow Crown Stapler
- Tips and Tricks for Using a Narrow Crown Stapler
- Narrow Crown Stapler Maintenance Tips
- Frequently Ask Questions about Narrow Crown Stapler
Best Narrow Crown Stapler on the Market
Best Overall | Bostitch SX1838K Narrow Crown Stapler
Easy to convert | Oil-free operation | No dry firing | Precise depth adjustments
Best Battery Powered | Porter Cable PCC791B Narrow Crown Stapler
No hose | No compressor | No gas | 1300 staples per charge | Lightest in its class
Best Budget | Freeman PST9040Q Narrow Crown Stapler
Affordable | Comfort | Light but powerful | Flawless | Compatible
Best Lightweight | Senco SLS20 490105N Narrow Crown Stapler
Powerful | Trouble-free operation | Neverlube design | Easy-to-handle | Safety features
Best Pneumatic | Makita AT638A 1/4" Narrow Crown Stapler
Power | Performance | Control | Convenience | Compact | Ease-of-use
Best Durable | Metabo HPT N3804AB3 Narrow Crown Stapler
Pro Preferred | Professional Finish | Fasten with precision, power and style.
Best Narrow Crown Staplers Comparison
Bostitch SX1838K Narrow Crown Stapler
Porter Cable PCC791B Narrow Crown Stapler
Freeman PST9040Q Narrow Crown Stapler
Senco SLS20 490105N Narrow Crown Stapler
Makita AT638A 1/4" Narrow Crown Stapler
Metabo HPT N3804AB3 Narrow Crown Stapler
View 6 Best Rated Narrow Crown Stapler Reviews
1. Bostitch SX1838K Narrow Crown Stapler Review
When searching for a professional stapler, the Bostitch SX1838K 18GA Narrow Crown Stapler is engineered to provide air-efficient magnesium framing while also being able to withstand heavy use. With an ergonomic design that reduces weight and provides user comfort, this product will not disappoint at your job site!
The lightweight and powerful device is designed for the oil-free engine that leaves no oily residue. With a swivel air fitting, it can be maneuvered without losing its velocity because of wear and tear.
This tool eliminates the hassle of dealing with cumbersome lengths by offering you two modes: sequential or contact. Whether your job is long and thin, short but wide, this system lets you switch between different configurations to easily handle any task!
If you're looking for a contractor stapler that is perfect for any type of finish, trim, soffits, cabinetry or other heavy-duty rubber mallets then look no further than this product. This model comes with an ultra-quiet rear exhaust with a reverse belt hook and integrated pencil sharpener which can be taken on the go!
Designed for the professional driving
The Bostitch SX1838K 18GA Narrow Crown Finish Stapler is a reliable tool for professionals who want to get the job done right. It has a high-capacity magazine, and its narrow crown design enables it to drive staples from 1/2 Inch up into 1-1/2 inches long with precision accuracy. In addition, the sturdy construction ensures that this stapler will last you through multiple projects without breaking down on the job or jamming when using heavy materials like cardboard or plastic sheets in your project!
The Bostitch SX1838K Narrow Crown Stapler is the perfect option for those who want to avoid oil stains or leaks. In addition, the unique design of this stapler makes it possible to go an entire day without any need for maintenance, eliminating a risk that comes with most other options on the market today.
Selectable trigger system
The Bostitch SX1838K crown stapler has a selectable trigger system that allows the user to switch between sequential and contact operations. This innovative design is helpful when there are gaps in the work surface, as it gives you more options for getting around them without having to adjust your line of work or manually lift on every other staple.
Prevents dry firing
Nail lockout is an essential part of any nail gun. Without it, the nails would constantly fire and never get a rest! The BOSTITCH SX1838K has a low nail lockout that prevents dry firing for up to two minutes, which means you'll have time to take a break if needed or go on with your work uninterrupted until then without worry about harming yourself or others around.
Ultra-quiet rear exhaust
The Bostitch SX1838K 18GA Narrow Crown Finish has an ultra-quiet rear exhaust that directs air away from the user. This leaves you with a more comfortable working environment and lowers noise pollution levels for surrounding areas!
- Never have to worry about staples again!
- It satisfies your need to be precise in everything you do.
- It satisfies your need to be precise in everything you do.
- Uniquely designed to be ergonomic and easy to use
- Delivers consistent, every time
- It provides a tight and neat crown stapling job.
- Little more difficult to load staples for the type of heavy-duty construction use.
2. Porter Cable PCC791B Narrow Crown Stapler Review
When you're looking for a narrow crown stapler that won't quite the hole in your wallet, with a battery-powered design to reduce concerns of compressor/hose/gas cartridges, the Porter Cable PCC791B is a perfect choice.
The 18 GA Narrow Crown Stapler by Porter Cable is just what you need for all your DIY needs. Whether painting the trim in your office or installing kitchen cabinets at home, this battery-powered narrow crown stapler has got you covered.
For a quick release and reload, easily open the stapling head to load up staples quickly and one-handed with minimal effort and maximum comfort.
With an optimal center of gravity that represses fatigue, so it's easy to work in any position with ease; you'll be ready for any project! Tested to fire into various materials, this cordless staple gun will help get the job done right, whether working with wood or metal furniture.
1300 Staples per charge
When you need a durable, powerful tool on the job site that will get it done right and last through even your toughest projects, then Porter Cable's PCC791B is for you—featuring an innovative design with added power from its 4-amp hour lithium-ion battery pack to deliver up to 1300 staples per charge without slowing down during continuous use!
No Hose, No Compressor, No Gas
The Porter Cable PCC791B has eliminated the need for a compressor, hose, or expensive gas cartridges. This is because it's 100% battery-powered and can handle anything you throw at it without breaking a sweat!
The Porter Cable PCC791B is the ultimate machine for every contractor who needs a reliable tool no matter what type of material they are working with. It has an innovative design that helps it perform consistently, even in extreme weather conditions like heavy rain and snowstorms.
Multi-purpose tool-free adjustments
The Porter Cable PCC791B is perfect for any work with its ten multi-purpose tool-free adjustments! This also ensures no accidents since it's a safe alternative way to operate and increase production time which equals more money in your pocket.
The Porter Cable PCC791B weighs just 6.14 lbs and is balanced to be comfortable when used in various positions. This means that you can work for longer periods without feeling fatigued, so your projects come out better!
The lightweight design and perfect balance make the PCC791B a pleasure to use on any project - it's like giving yourself an extra boost with every stroke!
- Wireless and cordless design
- Less expensive than gas cartridges
- Less expensive than gas cartridges
- Easily switch from various materials with just one tool
- Reduced user fatigue with lightweight design
- Increased productivity & user safety
- Requires frequent oiling to ensure optimum performance.
3. Freeman PST9040Q Narrow Crown Stapler Review
When it comes to quality Staples, take Freeman's 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler, for example. It handles staples from ½" to 1-5/8" widths using the Adjustable Depth and drives them into materials from wood panels up to as thick as 15/16".
The design is clever with a quick-release system that makes accessing jams easier, and there are dual springs, a belt hook, and reload indicator.
This stapler can do more than just pounds of dropping in seconds; it also has finishing features such as an adjustable depth range for different applications—even when you're starting on decorative trim jobs or fastening cabinet backs with screws!
The professional Freeman PST9040Q 18 gauge narrow crown stapler does quick work out of your big jobs with its extra-long staple and wide jaw. Tackle any project, including crafts, molding, picture framing, and more!
Its working surface is designed to be used comfortably with one hand for ultimate control, and it's easy on the wrist — necessary for those marathon projects you planned but never got around to finishing. In addition, the durable steel construction means this bad boy will take a beating without carrying any scars from the misuse.
The Freeman PST9040Q 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler is an excellent choice for anyone looking to finish projects quicker and more efficiently. It's perfect for smaller jobs like molding, cabinet backing, or even crafts work like making paper flowers.
Quick jam release system
The quick jam release system of Freeman PST9040Q 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler will keep you from wasting time. You can clear out jams without the requirement for tools, so your productivity won't be hampered by a jammed stapler!
Freeman's PST9040Q 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler is a user-friendly machine with Teflon O-rings and a one-piece drive blade. This combo of features makes the Freeman product last longer than its competitors, saving you time in replacement costs as well as laborious troubleshooting processes.
The Freeman PST9040Q 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler is one of the most durable staples in its class. In addition, it features an oil-free design that eliminates daily lubrication, making it easier to use and less expensive for you!
360-degree adjustable exhaust
The 360-degree exhaust on the Freeman PST9040Q gives you complete control over where the air goes. You can direct it away from your face and work area, ensuring that your surrounding environment stays cleaner for longer periods without any interference.
- Use this to feel like you're getting the job done right!
- A reliable product that will last you years to come
- Get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- This stapler is lightweight and easy to use.
- Designed for more precise and detailed work
- It's durable and powerful
- The staples need to be loaded manually. The result is a slower stapling process than comparable models.
4. Senco SLS20 490105N Narrow Crown Stapler Review
Owning a Senco SLS20 stapler is like owning an extension of yourself. The sleek adjustability and ergonomics will make it the perfect, lasting staple machine that you can rely on for any project.
Slide down your hand to rest against the soft knuckle grip for maximum comfort while minimizing strain and fatigue by quickly completing jobs with ease-bringing clarity all at once. And don't worry, maintaining this powerful tool has never been easier: rebuilt synthetic seals mean oil-less operation! With proper care and instructions, our dependable machine will last a lifetime or two longer than others in competitive models are designed to run.
With the new Senco 4190005N SLS20 Narrow Crown Stapler, you get power and portability. Built with an ergonomic design, this lightweight yet powerful stapler is perfect for any DIY project that requires a good grip and some serious punching power. In addition, the flexible rear support arm ensures effortless nail anchoring without hand fatigue, making your work easier to do in those hard-to-reach places.
Take pleasure in knowing these useful device comes equipped with many safety features such as no-mar safety and restrictive trigger which reduces the chance of accidental firing.
It features a magazine that can fit up to 168 18 gauge 2-inch staples, making it extremely powerful and versatile for many projects, including molding, trim, underlayment, and crafts.
There is also a clear sight hole on each side of the magazine so you can quickly check on how much staple ammunition you have left.
It is designed with one movable seal to reduce the risk of complications, and you can adjust its depth of drive.
The Senco SLS20 490105N Narrow Crown Stapler is a lightweight stapler that will not weigh down your hands.
The Senco SLS20 490105N Narrow Crown Stapler lightweight makes it easier to staple through long binders than other models while still giving you all the power and precision needed for even more strenuous work.
Reduces the chances of accidental firings
The Senco SLS20 490105N is a unique nailer that provides both safety and convenience. The no-mar tip on the nose reduces damage to work surfaces, while the trigger lock helps prevent accidental firings.
The Senco SLS20 490105N's combination of features makes it one of the best electric narrow crown staplers for any project you have in mind! With its innovative design and easy use capabilities, this nifty tool will make your life much easier around home or workspace - giving you more time to focus on other important things.
The Senco 4190005N SLS20 boasts a neverlube design for virtually maintenance-free operation. This means that you won't have to worry about lubricating the device, as it is designed with an innovative feature where one can wipe off dirt and debris from the head of each tool when needed instead.
It's not just a stapler. It is also an ammo box, and it holds 168 18-gauge staples that are 3/8" to 1-1/2".
The Senco SLS20 narrow crown stapler is an excellent choice for anyone who needs to staple various materials but doesn't want the hassle and cost of changing staples. With its large magazine capacity, you can easily get through any project without switching out your supply!
- The stapler is easy to use and very durable.
- It has a narrow crown for tight spaces.
- Get your work done faster than ever before.
- Less time spent loading staples
- Ease of use with convenient features
- The load is sometimes unequal
5. Makita AT638A Narrow Crown Stapler Review
Do you need something strong, compact, and durable? Then, the Makita AT638A Narrow Crown Stapler is the stapler for you. Equipped with the exclusive "contact" mechanism that ensures complete sequential action during every inward stroke of the staple, this machine facilitates smooth operation with incredible power and efficiency.
Designed to keep your work area clean and organized, it has a built-in air duster as well as an air exhaust system that can be adjusted in various directions to suit almost any situation. Plus, it's easy enough for anyone to use!
Makita has been at the forefront of power tool engineering for over a century, and this stapler is no exception. The AT638A delivers advances in staple loading design, multi-directional exhaust porting to prevent stagnant air near the worker, and a top-loading magazine to keep staples close by so they don't get lost. This space-saving elitist tool keeps you working all day with only 2.7 lbs of weight on your frame.
Designed for tool-savvy professionals and newbies alike, the Makita AT638A Narrow Crown Stapler offers maximum versatility at a great price.
The Makita AT638A Narrow Crown Stapler is compact, lightweight, and versatile. What do you want to achieve with your next project? Please choose the right tool for the job; this could be it.
With its innovative design and powerful performance, the Makita AT638A Narrow Crown Stapler is a great choice for stapling tasks around your home or office.
The efficient motor of this 6-inch wide crown staple gun gives you superior power to get through tough jobs with ease as it fires off up to 1,000 staples per minute without getting jammed, thanks to an automatic resetting mechanism that feeds in new scatters automatically when needed!
Tool-less depth adjustment
Makita AT638A is a versatile tool that can be used for flush and countersink stapling. The depth adjustment mechanism has "Tool-less" technology, which allows the user to set it without any tools required.
Built-in air duster
Makita's Built-in air duster is a handy tool that can clear your workspace in seconds. It doesn't matter if you're working on the ground or up high; it'll keep you out of trouble and make things easier for everyone!
2-mode selector switch
Makita AT638A has a handy 2-mode selector switch that lets you choose how to operate the tool. For example, you can either select sequential or contact stapling, depending on your needs for any given project.
Makita's two-mode design is perfect if you're looking for versatility in your next purchase!
Multi-directional exhaust port
You don't have to worry about inhaling harmful fumes with the Makita AT638A. It comes complete with a multi-directional exhaust port that directs all toxins away from you and your workspace.
Narrow nose design
When you're looking for a stapler that can handle close quarters, Makita's AT638A is your best bet. This narrow nose design makes it easy to staple in tight spaces and still get the job done!
- The most powerful narrow crown stapler on the market
- Durable and reliable design.
- Get things done quickly, efficiently, and with a lot less hassle
- Fast, accurate operation.
- Wide range of applications
- You'll be proud to have a Makita stapler in your workplace.
- It occasionally jams, but Makita even offers a three-year warranty for the stapler if something goes wrong. weight.
6. Metabo HPT N3804AB3 Narrow Crown Stapler
For those who're looking for a lightweight and professional-grade nailer, look no further. The Metabo HPT N4804AB3 is the perfect balance of weight and durability that professionals need to ensure their work is smoothed out with minimal mess.
Its depth adjustment ensures you'll never again be left stuck on one project. This narrow crown stapler allows for seamless finishing on fine furniture like cabinetry and trim work and outdoor applications like gardening and other small projects around the home.
With the Metabo HPT N3804AB3 Narrow Crown Stapler, you'll be able to fasten 18-gauge staples from 1/2-in. up to 1-1/2-. It's lightweight and well balanced for ease of use. The selective actuation switch allows for either contact nailing or sequential firing modes to produce quick efficiency on any project. Get professional looking trim work every time with this lightweight (only 2.3 lbs) precision finish tool!
Metabo HPT N3804AB3 Narrow Crown Stapler doesn't just work harder; instead, it handles lighter jobs with ease. In addition, the tool is rated as Pro Preferred for 7 years running by Builder and Developer Magazine, so you have a reliable stapler that will get the job done quickly and professionally.
The ergonomic design of the Simple Flip Actuation Switch makes it easy to transition from a single actuation firing mode, which allows for more precision when shooting at close range or targets with high centre mass area coverage.
Tool-less, Easy-to-Clear Nose
The Tool-less, Easy-toClear nose gives you the fastest way to remove a jammed staple without any tools. With this innovative design and easy release clips, removing your stuck fasteners has never been so simple!
High Capacity Magazine
With a 100-staple magazine, you are sure not to run out of staples for your next big project. The High Capacity Magazine is perfect if efficiency matters most!
360 Degree Adjustable Exhaust
The Metabo HPT N3804AB3 is a one-of-a-kind stapler that can be adjusted 360 degrees. In addition, the adjustable exhaust will let you direct it away from your face, ensuring good air quality and avoiding any pesky back blows!
- It's lightweight and easy to use.
- It's Faster, easier installation of trim work.
- It reduced fatigue and soreness for professionals.
- Increase your efficiency on the job site.
- You can staple without having to worry about it damaging your work surface or the material you're working with.
- It's easy for this stapler to jam, especially when trying to staple materials that are significantly thicker than the length of the stapler.
Things to Consider when Buying the Best Narrow Crown Stapler
Before buying a narrow crown stapler, there are some factors that you may want to consider. These will help you narrow down your search and find the best one for your needs:
As you search for a new narrow crown stapler, consider that the power source is one of your most critical features. The different types include battery-operated and electric-powered ones, to name a few. If it's up to you, make sure this decision could be something more practical than just looking at its aesthetic appeal!
How many capacities do you need?
Next, check the load capacity of the narrow crown stapler that you want to buy. Since these are industrial tools designed for heavy use on construction sites, their load capacities differ significantly. For example, a small handheld model may carry about 100 staples, whereas a large floor-standing electric stapler could hold as many as 2000. Keep in mind that the more capacity you have, the heavier and more expensive your narrow crown stapler will be.
What are you going to use it for?
In addition, check if there are special features that would come in handy for your specific project. For example, depending on what you're going to use it for, some staplers are better than others depending on their load capacity and staple types (flat or round). A good example is how heavy-duty models make it easier to drive staples through harder materials such as plywood while still providing plenty of convenience features to make it easier for you to work on your project.
What type of nails are you going to use?
If you're working with concrete or masonry materials like brick, flat-nosed staples may not be the best choice because they are known for their tendency to bend when driven into these types of materials. Instead, use round-nosed safety staples, which perform better in this instance. Safety staples are also a good choice if you're concerned about health and safety since they reduce incidents of nail ricochet (when nails fly off after striking hard surfaces).
Another thing that you should consider is how many conveniences features the narrow crown stapler has given its price. These include safety features that prevent misfires or accidental activation and visual indicators for low staples and jammed nails. If you're planning to use it in an area with flammable materials, then make sure the narrow crown stapler can withstand high temperatures since these are common on construction sites.
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for in your narrow crown stapler, it's time to check out some models that might suit your needs! Here are 5 of the top-rated products on Amazon that can help you get started:
Tips and Tricks for Using a Narrow Crown Stapler
- When using a narrow crown stapler, make sure that you line up the staples correctly with the paper. This will ensure that the staples penetrate the paper correctly and hold it together securely.
- If you are using a narrow crown stapler for the first time, practice on a piece of scrap paper before trying to staple anything important. This will help you get comfortable with how the stapler works and ensure appropriately aligned your staples.
- Take care not to overload the narrow crown stapler - too many staples can cause it to jam.
- Make sure that the paper is flat and smooth when you staple it - if there are any wrinkles or bumps, the staples may not penetrate the paper correctly.
- This is especially important for narrow crown staplers that attach thin pieces of paper since they are less sturdy than regular-width staplers.
- Keep in mind that most narrow crown staplers have a maximum length capacity - if you try to staple something longer than the recommended capacity, it may not be able to fasten all of your pages together securely.
- A precision stapler is generally more expensive than a standard model, but it will provide better results with less misfires or jammed staples thanks to its smaller size and high accuracy.
- Make sure that you hold the narrow crown stapler straight up when you fire it so that the staples will go straight into the paper- if you hold it at an angle, the staples may not be properly aligned.
- If you're having trouble getting the staples to penetrate the paper, try pressing down on the stapler while you staple - this will help ensure that the staples make contact with the paper.
- Finally, keep your narrow crown stapler clean and well-lubricated for optimal performance. You can do this by regularly cleaning out any bits of paper or other debris that may have gotten stuck in the mechanism and using a lubricant oil designed explicitly for staplers. This will help keep the gears moving smoothly and prevent them from jamming.
And there you have it - some tips and tricks for using a narrow crown stapler. By following these guidelines, you'll be able to staple papers together quickly and efficiently, with minimal fuss or frustration. So the next time you need to fasten a stack of papers together, reach for your trusty narrow crown stapler!
Narrow Crown Stapler Maintenance Tips
Here are my ten tips for maintenance on a narrow crown stapler.
- Prevent staples from sliding out of the tray by swinging one arm so it is feeding straight down instead of angled to the side, which can cause staples to fall out with use.
- Keep the anvil and striker surfaces clean and free from rust or debris buildup that could cause delays in operation. Oils used during production should be removed before installing new staples into a narrow crown stapler.
- Avoid vibrations from loose parts that may occur over time as these could generate damage in other areas such as the thin metal plate retention plate behind both ends of a stack of staple cartridges; this can be adjusted with use through trial and error, but care needs to be taken to avoid bending this piece out of shape.
- Actuate the trigger as far back as possible before stapling until you get used to it and learn the force needed; if you actuate it too soon, a misfired staple will cause an inconvenient jam that can only be cleared by releasing the tool's cam latch, which causes both clamps to drop away from the work surface upon release. In addition, these clamps can pinch fingertips, so take care when handling them!
- The most common cause for a misfire is pushing down on a staple cartridge while depressing its plunger to manually feed staples into position after new ones have been installed and then actuating the trigger while simultaneously pushing down on top of the cartridge (see picture). Use caution when installing new staples, and remember that if you need them, they are already there!
- Do not use a staple cartridge whose staples have shifted out of the tray, which will jam up the works. If one or two do fall to the bottom of the tool, they will be found upon disassembly, but more than one indicates an improperly loaded cartridge.
- For smaller fasteners, such as those used in woodworking, I recommend using 3/8" x 1/4" Staples. Using a shorter staple for your application is efficient because installing and removing them does not require you to push down on a plunger; less force is needed to generate enough pressure for stapling.
- If one arm becomes loose from the rest of the body, it will continue to work as long as the other arm is holding a staple cartridge. This is caused by vibrations and can be fixed by reconnecting its pivot joint with a dab of epoxy or similar to reestablish a continuous electrical circuit; this should not occur with normal use.
Frequently Ask Questions about Narrow Crown Stapler
What is a narrow crown stapler used for?
So you've just finished your remodel and are trying to decide how best to put up the crown molding? Well, there is a tool for that! The use of a narrow crown stapler can be more advantageous than traditional methods. It's great for trim applications because it does not make the material too thick or difficult when working with other pieces in close proximity. This tool also works well on cabinets without leaving any overhanging staples, which may get in the way later down the road while installing shelves.
Narrow crown stapler vs wide crown stapler
The difference in the width of these two types of crown staplers is a significant one. If you are working with drywall, metal, or PVC materials, then a narrow crown stapler will be best. A wide crown stapler is designed to work on materials that require more penetration, such as brick or concrete.
Which is better narrow crown stapler or wide crown?
It would depend on how often you're going to be stapling boxes or how many staples you need.
If you're going to be attaching a lot of boxes, the narrow crown may save time. But if your applications are limited and you don't need too many staples, then the wide crown might work better for you. The best way to determine which is the right tool for your needs is by taking into account volume, frequency of use, size of stapler being used (larger typically means more capacity), construction technique, and materials being fastened together (one with thicker material might require a wider staple head).
This will provide the user with a thorough overview of all their options and help them make an informed decision. We hope that this article has been helpful to you, but if you still have questions about narrow crown stapler reviews in general, please feel free to contact us for more information.